Afaq NSS Science 4 - Unit 3 Animals (Solved Ex.)
Afaq NSS Science 4 - Unit 3 Animals (Solved Ex.)This study material is prepared the students from all over the Pakistan, who are studying Afaq Books in their schools.
Unit 3 Animals (Solved Ex.)
- Living things can grow, eat, move, reproduce, etc. but nonliving things cannot.
- Living things need some basic things to carry on their life. processes. These things are food, water, air, light, and shelter.
- Living things also have some essential physical characteristics that help to meet their needs. these are movement, growth, and reproduction.
- Reproduction is the process by which living things produce their young ones.
- The change in the body structure from an egg to an adult is called metamorphosis. Metamorphosis is of two types complete and incomplete.
A. Answer the following questions.
- What are the basic need of animals that are essential for their survival?
Ans: The basic needs of animals that are essential for their survival are food water, air, light and shelter.
- What would happen if there is no water on earth?
Ans: Without water, there would no life on earth.
Differentiate between the followinga. Growth and Reproduction
Growth is an important characteristics of all living things. As living things grow, their size changes.
Reproduction is the process by which living things produce their young ones.b. A complete and incomplete metamorphosis.
A frog passes through four stages in its life cycle: egg, tadpole, froglet and adult. This is called a complete metamorphosis because it complete four stages.
How we get energy and where does all this energy come from?Hint: Explain this concept using these words: human beings, eat food, energy, Plant, grow, reproduce, animals, sun need, food chain, producers, consumers.
B. Choose and write the correct option.
- The process by which living things produce their young one is called _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. (Generation, reproduction, respiration)
- A maggot has _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ stages in its life cycle. (three, four, five)
- Plants do not _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ like animals or humans. (grow, reproduce, move)
- The change in the body structure from an egg to an adult is called _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. (metamorphosis, reproduction, respiration)
Here you can find Online Lectures, Study Notes, Questions Answers, Solutions, Past Papers, Sample Papers, Daily Latest Jobs
What's Your Reaction?