Grade 4 Oxford Primary Science: Unit 1 The Human Body.
Solved Exercise of Grade 4 Oxford Primary Science: Unit 1 The Human Body.
1. What are the main functions of the skeleton?
Ans: There are four main functions of the skeleton.
- It gives strength and support to the body.
- It frames the shape of the body.
- it also protects the soft internal organs. For example skull, ribcage,
- it helps other body in moving.
2. Define Joint. Which two types of joint have been discussed in this unit? Where are each of them found in your body.
Ans: A joint is the place in a vertibrates's body where two or more than two bones join together.
- Ball and socket joints are found in shoulders.
- Hinged joints are found in knee and elbow.
3. Differentiate between voluntary and involuntary muscles along with and example of each one.
Ans: Voluntary Muscles can be controlled by the activities we perform, like skeletal muscles.
Involuntary Muscles are the muscles chick are not directly under our control. e.g. Cardiac muscles.
4. What is meant by term "The Smooth Muscles"?
Ans: The smooth muscles make up the internal hollow organs of the body. e.g. stomach, intestine and bladder.
5. What do you know about cardiac muscles?
The muscles of the heart are called cardiac muscles. These are involuntary muscles.
6. Explain the term skeletal muyscles.
Skeletal muscles are joined with the bones with the help of tendons
7. Suggest the ways to take good care of muscles and bones.
Doing plenty of exercises. eating calcium-rich foods also helps to build strong bones.