Grade 4 - Unit 5 Whiz Through Software
Oxford Computer Whiz Level 4 - Solved Excercise and Question/Answers of Unit 5 Whiz Through Software
Q.1 Choose the correct answer.
- Which of these is not application software?
1. Microsoft Windows 2. Microsoft Word c. Microsoft Excel
- Which of these is not a function of system software?
1. starting up the computer 2. controlling hardware devices 3. creating a spreadsheet
- Which of these is not a feature of a word processing program?
1. writing letters 2. making charts for budgets 3. correcting errors
- Which of these can be stored in a database?
1. name of people 2. telephone numbers 3. both a and b
- Which of these is not a web browser?
1. Microsoft Internet Explorer 2. Mozilla Firefox 3. Linux
Q.2 Answer the following questions:
- Define Software
Ans: Software is an organized set of instructions that tell a computer what to do and who to do it.
- What is the difference between system software and application software?
Ans: System software is software used to control, manage, and integrate the functioning of the different parts of the computer. Application software consists of programs used to perform specific tasks.
- Which software would you use to design a brochure?
Ans: I would use desktop publishing software to design a brochure as it enables us to combine text and graphics in a single document.
- What does database management software enable you to do?
Ans: Database management programs enable us to store, retrieve, and manage a large amount of data. Data can be organized in records and files. Database management programs also enable us to sort data and keep it up to date. We can create a list of telephone numbers and addresses using database management software.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or solutions/answers, please type in the comments below.
What's Your Reaction?