Model Paper: Biology-12 Chapter 15, 16, 20, 25
List of important questions (Biology) for second year college students. These are the questions that appeared in the past papers of Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan. Please like and share with friends so that most of the student get benefit from it.
Subject : Biology Chapter 15, 16, 20, 25 Total Marks: 50
Q.1 Four possible options have been given. Tick (P) the correct option. 1 x 12 = 12
- Bats don’t regulate body temperature in narrow range and is:
- Sodium uptake in nephron is promoted by:
- The fishes which drink large amount of sea’s water and excrete concentrated urine are:
- Cartilaginous fishes
- Bony fishes
- Lung fishes
- Jawless fishes
- The supracoracoid muscle provide power for the:
- Upward stroke
- Downward stroke
- Recovery stroke
- Neutral stroke
- The process of moulting is controlled by the nervous system and a hormone called:
- The connective tissue which attaches the bones together and slightly elastic is called:
- Cross bridges
- Soil erosion, Fire and Water percolation down through the soil cause loss of:
- In each case succession begins by a few hardy invaders called:
- Early settlers
- The actual location of place where an organism is naturally found:
- Repeating units of DNA are called:
- Amino Acids
- The particular array of chromosomes that an individual possess is called its:
- DNA polymerase only adds nucleotides to the end:
- 5' end
- 3' end
- 2' end
- 4' end
Attempt all of the following short questions.
Q-1. How mRNA in eukaryotic cell remains protected from nucleases and phosphatases?
Q-2. Define central dogma.
Q-3. Briefly describe Alkaptonuria disease.
Q-4. Differentiate between vasodilatation and vasoconstriction.
Q-5. What techniques are used to remove the kidney stones?
Q-6. Write two functions of liver.
Q-7. Give the composition of procuticle.
Q-8. Characterize Collenchyma cells.
Q-9. Differentiate between passive and active flight.
Q-10. Name three levels of integration in community.
Q-11. Write down the significance of root nodules in plants.
Q-12. How the size of predator and prey population is related to each other?
Attempt All of the following essay questions.
Q.3 (a) Discuss kidney problems with their cure.
(b) Describe nitrogen cycle.
Q.4 (a) Give a detailed note on sliding filament model.
(b) Describe the work of Beadle and Tatum on Neurospora
Q.5 (a) How it was prove that DNA is the hereditary material?
(b) Define Xerosere. Describe its different stages.