Physics-11 Full Chapter-9 Test
List of important questions (Physics) for First-Year college students. These are the questions that appeared in the past papers of Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan. Please like and share with friends so that most of the student get benefit from it.
Subject : Physics - 11 Total Marks: 50 CHAPTER 9
PART-A: MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS: (10)
- A polarized light has vibrations in _____________ possible planes (direction).
- The appearance of colors in thin films is due to
- When light falls on the ball then its shadow has bright centre, it is due to:
- Newton’s rings are formed as a result of.
- A typical diffraction grating has lines per centimeter
- 400 to 5000
- 400 to 500
- 300 to 4000
- 300 to 5000
- Polarization of light shows that the light waves are:
- Transverse waves
- Sound waves
- All of these
- What happens to the interference pattern produced by double slit arrangement by doubling the slit spacing?
- fringe spacing is doubled
- fringe spacing is halved
- intensity increases
- The value of critical angle of glass-air boundary is:
- Bending of light around corners or obstacles is:
- Wave Nature of light is proposed by:
PART-B ATTEMPT ALL OF THE FOLLOWINGS: (24)
- Is visible light produce interference fringes. Explain briefly.
- Under what condition two sources of light behave as coherent source.
- What is the effect on fringe spacing, if wavelength of light used in Young’s double slit experiment is doubled.
- What is the difference between constructive and destructive interference.
- What is difference between un-polarized and plane polarized light.
- Why the polarized sunglasses are better than ordinary sunglasses?
- An oil film spreading over a wet footpath shows colors. Explain
- How would you manage to get more orders of spectra using a diffraction grating?
- Stat Huygen’s Principle.hat do you mean by Polaroid?
- In Newton’s rings the central spot is dark. Why?
- Could you obtain Newton’s rings with transmitted light? If yes, would the pattern be different from that obtained with reflected light?
PART-C: ATTEMPT BOTH LONG ANSWERS: (16)
- (A) Describe the Young’s Double slit experiment for demonstration of interference of light. Derive an expression for fringe spacing. (05)
(B) A second order spectrum is formed at an angle of 38o. When light falls normally on a diffraction grating having 5400 lines per centimeter. Determine wavelength of light used. (03)
- (A) Define Diffraction. Describe Diffraction Grating in detail. (05)
(B) In a double slit experiment the second order maxima occurs at θ = 25, λ = 650 nm. Find slit separation. (03)
FAMOUS SAMSUNG MOBILES
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G