Science Question/Answer for Primary Level Students
General Knowledge Science Question/Answer for Primary Level Students
Quiz or General Science Question/Answer for Primary Level Students...
1. The baby of a chicken is called a?
2. How many stages does the life cycle of a butterfly have?
3. A frog lays eggs on/in?
4. A butterfly’s egg hatches into a?
5. A frog’s egg hatches into a?
6. A caterpillar turns into a?
7. For how many days does a hen sit on eggs?
8. The life cycle of a chicken starts from a/an:
9. A tadpole looks like a:
10. Animals pass through different stages of life known as a/an:
11. Which of the following is not part of the life cycle of a butterfly?
12. Which body part is not present in an adult frog?
13. How many stages does the life cycle of a frog have?
14. An adult male chicken is also called a:
15. An adult butterfly has _________ to fly with.
16. A butterfly larva is called a caterpillar. In its next stage, what happens to the caterpillar?
It changes into a chrysalis
17. A young plant looks like:
18. Which of the following is not required for a seed to grow?
19. The life cycle of a flowering plant starts from a:
20. A sunflower blossom on a/an:
21. An adult sunflower plant grows in how many stages?
22. The process in which a seed begins to grow is called:
23. A seed grows into a/an:
24. The bud in a sunflower grows at the top of _______:
25. The bud turns into a:
26. Which plant is produced by grafting?
27. Stems of two different plants are jointed together in which process?
28. The seed of a sunflower is inside the:
29. A ____________ shows how a living thing grows, changes and makes new living
30. Plant eating animals are called:
31. Flesh eating animals are called:
32. Animals that eat both plants and flesh of other animals are called:
33. Carnivores have which type of teeth?
pointed and sharp
34. Which of the following groups does a fox belong to?
35. Animals get energy from _______ to grow:
36. Animals take their food from:
37. In how many groups are animals placed based on their diets?
38. The following are herbivores except the:
39. Herbivores have which type of teeth?
flat and broad
40. Which of the following is a carnivore?
41. Carnivores chew their food with _________ teeth.
42. Which of the following is not an omnivore?
43. Omnivores have sharp and ________ teeth.
44. Humans belong to which group?
45. Which group does a shark belong to?
46. A bear is a/an:
47. A zebra belongs to which group?
48. Which of the following is a set of herbivores?
cows, horse and goats
49. Food provides us with:
50. Food is divided into food groups based on:
51. Food that has a proper quantity from each food group is called:
52. Which of the following is required in moderate quantity?
meat and dairy
53. How many times should we take meals a day?
54. Food from which group should we eat the most?
55. Which food is rich in proteins?
meat and dairy
56. Which food should be taken in least quantity?
fats and oils
57. Which of the following is not a regular meal?
58. We should have bread, egg, milk and juices for:
59. Our body do less physical activity after:
60. Which of the following is not a food group?
61. We should sleep for how many hours at night?
6 to 8
62. A good night sleep makes our mind:
63. Which of the following is not a healthy exercise?
64. The diagram below shows a model used to help people make healthful food choices.
Which good health habit is encouraged by this model?
eating a balanced diet
65. Cleaning our body keeps us away from:
66. Our bones and muscles become active and strong by:
67. What should we do to avoid tooth decay?
brush our teeth
68. Throwing garbage outside makes our surroundings:
69. What we should do before eating a meal?
wash our hands
70. Which activity is a good health habit?
71. Which one is not the basic need of animals?
72. Which of the following animals is found in a desert?
73. Frog and ducks live in which habitat?
74. Which one is the habitat of a cactus plant?
75. Penguin lives in which habitat?
76. A place where animals and plants live and grow is known as:
77. What percentage of planet Earth is water?
78. Animals indirectly depend on plants to get:
79. Plants need ___________ to make their food.
80. Places that do not get much rain and remain dry and hot are called:
81. A healthy habitat must provide animals and plants with ___________.
food, water, shelter and a place to raise their young
82. Which of the following is a desert animal?
83. Which habitat is covered with snow and ice?
84. Which habitat is mostly covered with trees?
85. The following are the forest animals except:
86. The following are the forest trees except:
87. Fungi and algae are grown in which habitat?
88. Which animal is known as the ship of desert?
89. The cactus protects itself from animals with the help of its:
90. A polar bear is found in which region?
91. Fish breathe with:
92. Pine trees are found in:
cold hilly areas
93. The long, narrow beak of the humming bird is a structural adaptation to _________.
94. Which activity is not causing water pollution?
burning of fuel
95. Which one is not a cause of deforestation?
96. Which step is not related to protection of endangered animals?
plant new trees
97. Which one is an extinct animal?
98. Camel stores fat in its:
99. Which part of camel protects it from blowing sand?
100. In which part cactus stores water?
101. Which of the following covers the body of a polar bear?
102. Polar bear has which type of ears that protect water from entering?
103. What is the shape of pine trees?
104. What is the purpose of leaves of pine tree?
reduce water loss
105. Fish move smoothly in water due to:
106. Fish breath with the help of:
107. Which part of fish protect their body?
108. Which of the following is a result of deforestation?
109. Many sea birds die every year due to:
110. Animals that lived on the land in the past but now no individual alive are called:
111. Animals which are in danger of disappearing from the world are known as:
112. The diagrams below show a forest area before and after a factory was built there.
Building the factory in this area most likely caused an increase in:
113. Following animals are endangered in Pakistan except:
114. Which of the following step should be taken to protect endangered animals?
Protect their habitat
115. Which of the following step is much suitable for the protection of endangered
develop wild life park for them
116. A ________ is a push or pull on an object that changes its position and shape.
117. Car drives through the force of:
118. We need __________ to move thing.
119. The changing of position due to force is called ________:
120. Which force make objects fall on to the ground?
121. The increase in force will increase _______of the motion of object.
122. Which of the following cannot be changed by applying force?
123. Which of the following will change if we squeeze a balloon with force?
124. Which of the following was used as vehicle in the past?
125. When you put on your socks, you must do this to get them over your toes:
126. How vehicles are moved nowadays?
127. Which of the following vehicle is used presently?
128. Which scientist discovered the first camera?
Al-Hasan Ibn al-Haytham
129. A _________ is a device that makes work easier.
130. Which machine is a bar that moves about a fixed point?
131. Shovel is an example of which machine?
132. Which of the following is not a lever?
133. Which of the following is an inclined plane
134. ________ helps move heavy objects up or down.
135. Which machine used to cut things apart?
136. Which simple machine is shown in the given diagram?
137. A knife is an example of _________:
138. Door knob is an example of which machine?
wheel and axel
139. Machine that has a rope and a grooved wheel is known as:
140. For what purpose pulley is used?
to lift heavy objects
141. Which of the following is an example of pulley?
142. Toy cars move by using which machine?
wheel and axel
143. Which simple machine can be used to fetch the water out of a well?
144. An axe is an example of which machine?
145. A _________is an inclined plane around a cylinder.
146. Which machine is used to hold objects together?
147. Lid of a jar is an example of which machine?
148. Stairs are example of a:
149. Which of the following is not a simple machine?
150. A drilling metal is an example of which machine?
151. Which of the following is a set of human body parts?
Skin, lungs, ear
152. Which of the following is an internal part of the human body?
153. How many teeth does an adult normally have?
154. What is the largest organ in the human body?
155. Which of the following organs control all the activities of the human body?
156. A human heart has __________ chambers.
157. We use our teeth to ____________ food.
158. A framework of bones is called ______________.
159. The place where two bones meet is called _________________.
160. We can move our hands, arms and legs due to _____________.
161. Which part of the body take up oxygen?
162. _______________ help in digestion.
163. We have _______________ senses.
164. Which of the following is the organ of hearing?
165. A person can suffer from food poisoning after eating unhygienic food. Which of the
following part is more likely to be affected by food poisoning?
166. An increase in cholesterol levels of blood can cause:
167. Eating too many sweets and not brushing teeth can result in:
168. Which of the following diseases can damage our skin?
169. Which of the following is not a healthy habit?
170. Which of the following is a set of healthy food items?
Fruits, meat, milk
171. Which of the following statement is true about the given pictures?
Duck A will grow because it is a Living thing.
172. Which list contains only nonliving things?
Water, book, sunlight
173. In order to grow and survive, all animals need water, air and ___________.
174. Animals get the energy they need for growth and repair by _______________.
175. In order to grow and survive, all plants need water, air and ___________.
176. If we keep two plants of the same type at different places and provide them with same
water and nutrients, what would be the correct statement about the two plants?
Plant A will grow because it is getting sunlight.
177. Which of the following characteristics of a plant is shown in the picture below?
178. Ability of living things to produce their own kids is called _______________.
179. In a frog life cycle, the tadpole changes into an adult frog. Which of the following
characteristics can describe this change?
180. Which of the following characteristics enables a fox to chase a rabbit?
181. Which characteristic would a cat most likely inherit from its parents?
Having grey eyes
182. Which characteristic would a red rose plant most likely inherit from its parents?
Having red roses
A. Plant in a window B. Plant on a table
183. Trees start as seeds and grow into mature trees that produce more seeds. This pattern
184. A butterfly lays an egg. The egg hatches into a caterpillar. The caterpillar becomes a
pupa and then changes into a butterfly. This process is called ___________________.
a life cycle
185. A chick grows into a ____________________.
186. A tadpole grows into a ____________________.
187. Which of the following is the correct order of a plant’s stage of growth and
Seed Young plant Mature plant
188. A bird builds a nest to ______________.
Shelter its offspring
189. Which statement is correct about the life cycle of a frog and a butterfly?
Frogs and butterflies have their own stages of a life cycle.
190. A butterfly lays its eggs _______________.
on a leaf
191. A frog lays its eggs _______________.
in the water
192. The picture shows a mature plant.
Which of the following would most likely be the offspring of this mature plant?
193. A bud develops into a ________________.
194. __________________ gives us energy for various activities.
195. Eating a right variety of food in a right amount is called _________________.
A balanced diet
196. A food pyramid is given. Which statement is correct about the food pyramid?
We should eat more of some food groups than of others.
197. Sources of food are divided into ______________ groups
according to the food pyramid.
198. Which of the following sources of food should we eat
199. Which of the following source of food should we eat less?
Oil & fats
200. _____________ make(s) our bones and teeth stronger.
201. Which of the following is not from the dairy group?
202. Sugar is ____________ found in fruits, honey and table sugar.
203. Which of the following helps us to build strong muscles and repair damage?
204. Which of the following contains most protein?
205. Fats, oils and sweets give us _______________.
206. Which of these foods contains the most vitamins and is good for our health?
207. Fruit and vegetables are important because:
They provide us vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
208. Which vitamin is important for strong bones?
209. How many portions of fruit and vegetables should we try to eat each day?
210. We should drink _________ glasses of water daily.
211. Which of the following food items if eaten more can make us sick?
212. Junk food is rich in fat and lacks other nutrients. Therefore, it is ____________.
213. Deficiency of protein affects the ____________.
214. Soft drinks are filled with sugar, which is bad for our teeth. Which of the following
drinks should we choose to have instead?
215. Why do we need to eat a balanced diet?
To get energy, make our bodies function properly and it helps us grow
216. Personal hygiene ____________________________.
It is a collection of habits to keep oneself clean and healthy
217. How many times should we brush our teeth daily?
218. It is not necessary to wash our hands after __________________.
219. We should care for our eyes. Which of the following habits can harm our eyes?
Reading in dim light
220. How can we keep our nails clean?
By trimming them weekly
221. We should keep our ears clean by cleaning its wax with a _____________.
222. Everything we found in our surroundings is part of our ____________.
223. An environment consists of _______________.
Living and nonliving things
224. Which of the following is a living component of the environment?
225. Which of the following is a nonliving component of the environment?
226. The following are the living components in the given picture:
Birds and tree
227. Following are the nonliving components in the given picture:
Clouds and light
228. Which of the following is one of the main features of a forest
Lots of trees
229. Which of the following is not a feature of a desert
230. Which of the following is the largest environment of the Earth?
231. A characteristic of an animal that helps it to survive in a specific environment is
232. A cactus plant is shown below. How do its spines help it to survive in the
By protecting from animals
233. Which of the following is an example of adaptation with respect to
change in season?
Birds migrating in winter
234. The fur of an arctic fox turns from brown to white as winter approaches. This is an
example of ____________.
235. A Polar bear lives in a polar region. It has a thick layer of fat that help it to
236. Penguins are the birds that have _______________ instead of wings,
which help them to swim in the water.
237. Which structure of a penguin helps it to stay warm while diving in cold water?
238. Lions live in groups called prides. They prefer to hunt in groups. This is an example
of __________________ adaptation.
239. An octopus squirts black ink around itself to hide from predators. This is an example
of a __________ adaptation.
240. Pine trees grow on mountainous regions; they have needle-like leaves that help them
to ________________ in snow.
241. Webbed feet of a duck help it to ________________.
Swim in a pond
242. Which of the following birds can sip nectar from flowers?
243. Which of the following is a producer?
244. What do you think a sunflower is?
245. During photosynthesis, green plants ______________________.
Combine carbon dioxide with water and sunlight
246. The animal that eats ________________ is called a herbivore.
247. A Lion always want to eat flesh of animals. Therefore, we can say a lion is a/an
248. An animal likes to eat fruits from trees. However, sometimes it also feeds on insects.
We call this animal ________________.
249. Which of the groups below contains only consumers?
Lion, fox, grasshopper
250. What happens to the organisms when they die?
251. Which of the following terms describes bacteria?
252. Decomposers are tiny living things, which cause other living things to ___________.
253. An animal that eats or kills other animals is called a ________.
254. An animal which is killed or hunted by others is called a _______.
A B C
255. Which of the following contains a decomposer, predator and producer?
Bacteria, lion, sunflower
Look at the simple food chain and answer the following questions from 106-107.
256. An organism that eats plants in the food chain is called a primary consumer. Which of
the following is a primary consumer in the given food chain?
257. An organism that eats primary consumer in the food chain is called a secondary
consumer. Which of the following is a secondary consumer in the given food chain?
258. Which organism best fits in the box given in the following food chain.
Plant Human Decomposer
259. In the food chain below, the __________ is both prey and predator.
Plant Caterpillar Sparrow Sparrow hawk
260. In which order is energy transferred through a food chain?
Sun → plants → animals
261. Which of the following statements is correct about the food chain below?
The lion is a tertiary consumer.
262. Look at the four organisms below and choose the correct order of a possible food
263. Complete the food chain by selecting the most appropriate organism.
Plant grasshopper Snake
Answers of the questions from 264 to 266 are based on the given picture.
264. Which organisms in the diagram are producers?
Tree, grass, lotus
265. Which organisms in the diagram are consumers?
Fox, squirrel, duck
266. Which of the following statements is correct about the given animals?
A fox can eat a squirrel.
Look at the food chain and answer the following questions from 117-119.
267. Which of the following is the main source of energy in a food chain?
268. Which of the following is a primary consumes or herbivore in a food chain?
269. Which of the following is predator and tertiary consumer in a food chain?
270. Anything that has mass and occupies space is called _______________.
271. One example of matter is:
272. The amount of matter in an object is called its ______________.
273. Which metric unit should be used to describe the mass of an object?
274. Which metric units should be used to describe the volume of an object?
275. Matter has __________ states.
276. Ink is an example of a __________________.
277. Wood is an example of _______________.
278. Air is an example of a _______________.
279. A Solid has a definite _________________.
a and b
280. Liquids have a definite volume but do not have a definite _______________.
281. Which two characteristics describe a gas?
No definite shape and no definite volume.
282. Matter that spreads out to occupy the whole available space is:
283. Examples of three states of matter are given below:
Which of the following sets is in correct order?
Solid, liquid, gas
284. _________naturally exists in all three forms of matter.
285. When a cup of water at room temperature is put in a freezer, water will change from:
Liquid to solid
286. A student removes a tray of ice cubes from a freezer on a warm day. The water in the
tray is solid and cold. After one hour, the water in the tray most likely would be:
Liquid and warmer
287. You can observe many puddles after heavy rain. However, the puddles disappear after
two to three days. The water in the puddles most likely would:
288. Which of the following components of a mixture do not have fixed shape:
Air in water
289. In melting:
Solid changes into liquid
290. In freezing:
Liquid changes into solid
291. In boiling:
Liquid changes into gas
292. In evaporation:
Liquid changes into gas
293. The process that involves mixing is _____________.
Making soda water
294. A solution is formed if a spoon of sugar is mixed in a glass of water. What is the
water in this solution?
295. Which of the following best describes a plate of salad?
296. Which of the following is NOT an example of a mixture?
297. A student took two beakers and added equal water in both beakers. He added salt in
one beaker whereas sand in other beaker. What would be the result?
Salt will dissolve whereas sand will not dissolve.
298. Insoluble heavier solids can be separated from water by:
299. Fine insoluble solids can be separated from water by:
300. Separating tealeaves from liquid is an example of _______________.
301. Tomatoes from the salad can be separated by:
302. The degree of hotness or coldness of a body is called ___________.
303. The instrument that is used to measure the temperature of a human body is ________.
304. Substance in the thermometer could be:
305. With increase in temperature, mercury in thermometer will:
306. The temperature at which a solid changes into a liquid is called _______________.
307. Freezing temperature of water in centigrade is:
308. A laboratory thermometer has only the ____________ scale ranging from -10 to 110°.
309. Normal body temperature on Fahrenheit scale is:
310. In case of breakage of a thermometer, we should:
Clean the spill using gloves
311. What is a push or a pull?
312. When you open a door of your room you are applying a _______.
313. An apple falls due to pull of Earth, the amount of force of pull is equal to the_______.
Weight of Apple
314. A force may ____________ an object.
Move and stop
315. Which of the following is not a force?
316. A force acting on a body at rest may cause it to:
317. You have to move a book and a table; both objects need force to move what will be
the amount of force?
Book needs small force and table needs a large force
318. If you have two balls, you move first ball with small force and moves the second ball
with greater force. The distance covered by the balls.
Less distance by First ball and more distance by second ball
319. A force applied on an object may change:
Shape, Speed and Direction
320. Force acting along the direction of a moving object causes:
321. Which of the following is pulled by the Earth with the smallest force?
322. Which of the following body move with the highest speed?
323. Something that makes a job easier is ________________.
a simple machine
324. Which of the following is not a simple machine?
325. Simple machine is tool that:
Makes the work easier
326. Which of the following simple machine is being used in the
327. Which simple machine does a flagpole make use of?
328. The point about which a lever turns is called:
329. Wheel barrow is an example of the lever of:
330. The ramp in the diagram is an example of which simple machine?
331. Which of the following is not an inclined plane?
332. Everything falls down because of _______________.
333. Which inclined plane covers a greater distance but requires less force while moving
334. Which simple machine are stairs an example of?
335. Look at the pictures below. It will be easier for the student to use wheels to push the
boxes in diagram B because there is:
336. Wheel is combined with the axle forms a simple machine ‘wheel and axle’ which
Sliding motion to rolling motion
337. Which of the following is a force?
338. A force is acting opposite to the motion of a body causes it:
To slow down
339. The distance covered by a body by the time taken by it is:
340. In which of the following machine, wheel is used?
341. Which of the following produces sound?
342. Sound cannot be produced by:
Plucking a stretched wire
343. Which of the following produces a loudest sound?
344. Which of the following cannot produce sound by itself?
345. Sound cannot travel through:
346. Which of the following produces the lowest sound?
347. Too much noise can cause:
348. When sound travels through air it spread in:
349. Sound is produced due to:
350. Sound passes from one place to another in form of:
351. Sound is fastest in:
352. Sound is slowest in:
353. You can identify the intensity of sound due to:
Loudness of sound
354. The sound of explosions on Sun do not reach on Earth because there is :
No medium between Earth and Sun
355. Sound cannot travel in a vacuum because:
There are no particles in a vacuum
356. Sana sets up an alarm clock as shown in the diagram.
She placed the clock in a bell jar and pulled the vacuum pump. Will she be able to
hear the alarm clock when it rings?
No, because sound needs a medium to travel.
357. Loudness of sound is most closely related to:
358. Sounds which are pleasant to our ears are called _____________.
359. Sounds which are NOT pleasant to our ears are called _____________.
360. Sound produced by a large drum is louder than a small drum because of its _______.
large vibrating area
361. As compare to air, speed of sound in liquids and solids is _____________.
362. People working in noisy areas should wear:
363. Which is not caused by noise pollution?
364. Sounds waves are created by _____________.
365. Which is an example of a vibration?
Up and down movement of a motor
366. The units of frequency are:
367. Which animal use the sound waves to find its way:
368. Noise pollution can be controlled by making machines that produce:
369. In our throat, there are __________ which vibrates to produce sound.
370. The soft sounds have intensity:
371. Electrons flow easily through ________________.
372. Which materials do not allow charges to move easily?
373. Electrons cannot pass through plastic hence it is.
374. Which of the following is an insulator?
375. Which materials allow charges to move easily?
376. An electric circuit is the:
Path of electric current
377. An electric circuit can be open or closed by a ____________
378. Electricity will not flow in:
379. When circuit is open current will ______________.
380. Electric current can flow through ______________.
381. Look at the pictures below and tick the statements that describe it best.
Paper is non-conductor while aluminum is a good conductor that makes the bulb
382. Look at the pictures below and tick the statements that describe it best.
The broken wire makes the circuit open in case B.
383. The function of switch is to:
Open or close the circuit
384. What is a pathway for the flow of electricity?
385. A __________ is not a part of an electric circuit.
386. The diagram below shows an open circuit. The bulb is not lit. Four places in the
circuit are labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4. One wire has been connected between 1 and 3.
In order to light the bulb, another wire should be connected between?
Case A Case B
2 and 4
387. What is the effect on the bulb in a closed circuit, when a plastic string replaces the
Bulb becomes brighter
388. What do thick lines represent in a circuit diagram?
389. When Asma plugs the oven into the same outlet as the television and fridge, all three
won’t work. What is the most likely hypothesis for what happened?
The circuit was overloaded that breaks the wires.
390. A material that attracts iron, metal, or steel.
391. Which of the following could not be attracted by a magnet?
392. Which object will most likely be attracted to a magnet?
393. Which of the following is a magnetic material?
394. All magnets have:
395. The pull of a magnet is strongest at its:
396. Which term means to pull together?
397. Which term means to push apart?
398. A region of magnetic force surrounding a magnet is a/an _________.
399. Which of the following does not describe the magnetic force between two magnets?
The like poles attract.
400. How many poles a magnet has?
401. If two magnets were in this order: NS SN they would:
402. If two magnets were in this order: SN SN they would:
403. If you break a magnet into two pieces, what happens?
Each piece has a north pole and a south pole.
404. The S-pole of a freely suspended magnet always point towards:
405. In which arrangement all magnets will be attracted?
406. When the north pole of one magnet faces the south pole of another magnet, the
attract and stick together
407. Which factor will cause a decrease in the force of attraction between two magnets?
increasing the distance between the two magnets
408. The four diagrams below show two magnets, X and Z. They are different distances
apart in each diagram. In which diagram will magnet Z have the strongest attraction to
409. The diagrams below show four identical magnets, A, B, C, and D. The magnets were
placed at different distances from four identical piles of metal paper clips. Which pile of
paper clip attracts the most?
410. The handles of screw drivers made of wood or plastic because wood or plastics
behaves as a
411. Look the picture and identify the magnet is:
412. When a magnet is freely suspended, it always rests along
413. Which of the following is a planet?
414. Which Earth movement results in day and night?
415. How long does it take for Earth to rotate around its own axis?
416. The Sun appears to move in the sky. In fact, this motion is due to the:
Spinning of the Earth
417. Which of the following causes the formation of days and nights?
Rotation of the Earth around its own axis.
418. The diagram below shows Earth revolving around the Sun. Letters A and B show two
locations in Earth’s orbit around the Sun.
It takes Earth one year to revolve around the Sun. How long will it take for Earth to
travel from point A to point B?
419. The Earth rotates from:
West to East
420. Look at the dots on pictures of the Earth.
Choose the correct option that describes both.
It is day at A and night at B.
421. What is the main cause of the changing of seasons?
The tilt of the Earth in relation to the Sun.
422. When the Southern Hemisphere is having the autumn season, what season will the
Northern Hemisphere have?
423. Nights are longer than days in:
424. Winter comes just:
425. Scientists classify living things into how many main groups?
426. Vertebrates and invertebrates belong to which kingdom?
427. Kingdom Monera consists of __________:
428. Which type of organisms kingdom Monera has?
429. Which of the following is used to see bacteria which are not visible to the naked eye?
430. Which of the following have the characteristics of both plants and animals?
431. Some algae can prepare their own food because they have:
432. Following are the examples of algae except:
433. Fungi get their food from:
434. Damp and moist places are suitable for the growth of__________:
435. Yeast and mushrooms are examples of which kingdom?
436. Which is the largest kingdom?
437. Vertebrates have __________ in their skeleton that helps in movement.
438. Invertebrates cover ___________ percent of all known animal species on Earth.
439. The outer covering of invertebrates is known as:
440. Following are the examples of invertebrates except:
441. Plants are divided into how many main groups?
442. All are flowering plants except:
443. Organisms that cannot be seen by naked eye are called:
444. Germs are also called:
445. Which of the following are not microorganisms?
446. Virus enter the living cell to:
447. The organism in which a virus reproduce is called:
448. Which of the following is a viral disease?
449. Bacteria having tail-like structure are called:
450. ___________ helps to keep the balance of nitrogen in the atmosphere
451. Which of the following infection is not caused by bacteria?
452. Useful bacteria live in our _____________:
453. Athlete’s foot is a common disease caused by____________:
454. Which microorganism is used to obtain antibiotics?
455. Fungi cause __________ in humans.
456. Bacteria form a colourless film on our teeth known as __________:
457. Diseases that spread from person to person are called ___________:
458. The chain of infection starts from:
459. Congo virus transfers to humans through:
460. When disease causing microorganisms attack human body, it results in__________:
461. Pink eye disease spreads from one person to another through_________:
462. Infections spread through air by the following except:
463. Which disease spreads through water?
464. Which disease spreads through contaminated food?
465. Which of the following diseases spreads through cuts or wounds?
466. Influenza spreads through:
467. Houseflies spread infections through:
468. The second link in a chain of infection is the ______________:
469. In how many groups vertebrates are divided?
470. Which of the following is not a vertebrate?
471. Body of fish is covered with ____________:
472. Fish swim through __________:
473. Animals that are unable to regulate their body temperature according to the
environment are called ___________:
474. Fish breath through their_________:
475. Animals that can maintain a constant body temperature are called ___________:
476. Following are the examples of fish except:
477. Which of the following animals live on both water and land?
478. At which place amphibians lay eggs?
479. Amphibians breathe through which body part?
Lungs and skin
480. Which of the following is not an amphibian?
481. Skin of reptiles is hard and covered with:
482. Reptiles breath through their ___________:
483. Which body part help birds to fly in air?
484. Which of the following is a bird but cannot fly?
485. Which bird can fly in all directions?
486. Mammals have _________ on their body.
487. Which of the following is not a mammal?
488. A/an ___________ is a reptile that does not have legs.
489. Following are the parts of an insect except:
490. Insect’s body get support from:
491. Which of the following is not an insect?
492. Body of worms is covered with _________:
493. Invertebrates that have soft, round bodies without any skeleton are called:
494. Following are worms except
495. Flowering plants are classified into _________ groups.
496. Seed coat is also called ___________:
497. Which part of the seed protects it from drying up?
498. Which part of the seed is food supplier?
499. A dicot has how many cotyledons?
500. Which of the following is a dicot?
501. Which of the following is a monocot?
502. Which part of the plant anchor the plant body to the ground and provides support?
503. In a monocot, cotyledons take food from the endosperm and provide it to________:
504. Which part of plant arises from the radicle?
505. Which part of plant provides strength to stand in an upward position?
506. Transport system of in the stem is called __________ system:
507. Xylem carries _____________ in plants.
508. Phloem carries _____________ in plants.
509. The arrangement of ___________ in a leaf is called venation.
510. Flower of monocot has petals and sepals in multiples of _________:
511. Flower of dicot has petals and sepals in multiples of _________:
four or five
512. The process by which a seed becomes a seedling or a plant is called__________:
513. Which of the following factor does not effects germination?
514. When something harmful is added to the environment, it causes:
515. The _____________ grows as a first leaf of the seedling when the seed germinates.
516. Things which pollute the environment are called:
517. Which of the following is not a type of pollution?
518. Land covers how many percent of the Earth’s surface?
519. Which gas is present 78% in air?
520. Smoke from vehicles and factories are causing which type of pollution?
521. Wildfires and volcanic eruption causes:
522. Which layer protects Earth from harmful radiations of the Sun?
523. How many percent of Earth’s surface is covered with water?
524. Which of the following causes water pollution?
Oil spillage from oil tankers
525. Which of the following disease is caused by water pollution?
526. Which disease is caused by air pollution?
527. Burning of fossil fuels should be discouraged to reduce __________ pollution.
528. Smoke from vehicle and factories is a major source of ___________ pollution.
529. Improper disposal of industrial waste causes ___________ pollution.
530. Pesticides and fertilizers in farming are causing which type of pollution?
531. Chemicals used to kill pests are called _____________:
532. Oil spill in the ocean can block_____________ from dissolving into the water,
causing marine life to suffocate.
533. Which materials are easily decomposed by natural agents?
534. Which of the following is a biodegradable material?
535. Materials which cannot be ____________ are called non-biodegradable materials.
536. Which of the following is a non-biodegradable material?
537. Plastic bags add which gas to the air that causes air pollution?
538. Birds and animals can choke on ___________:
539. In which of the following garbage is burnt?
540. SO2 converts into H2SO4 and falls as ____________:
541. Which toxic gases are released by incinerators?
SO2 and NO2
542. Which of the following devices controls pollution?
543. Which of the following is not a part of 4R strategy?
544. Paper can be ___________ to produce new paper.
545. Which of the following is rich soil material that helps plants to grow?
546. Which R is at first place in hierarchical organization of 4Rs?
547. In how many states matter exists?
548. Solids have a definite _________:
549. Matter is made of tiny building units called ___________:
550. Liquids have a definite volume but do not have a definite_________:
551. Which state of matter can move freely in all directions?
552. Which of the following defines gas?
No definite shape nor definite volume
553. Liquid water becomes solid when it is ___________:
554. Matter can change its state with the change in ___________:
555. What is the effect of cooling on energy of particles?
556. The process of solid into liquid upon heating is called_________:
557. What is the melting point of water?
558. What is the boiling point of water?
559. Evaporation takes place at ____________:
560. Turning of water vapor into liquid water is called __________:
561. In which process solid converts directly into gas?
562. Conversion of water vapour directly into ice is called:
563. Particles in a ______________ have little force of attraction between them.
564. Which of the following exists in all three states of matter on Earth?
565. Oceans, rivers and lakes are known as ___________:
566. Evaporation of water from the surface of plants is known as ___________:
567. Water vapors move upward and turn into:
568. It rains when clouds become__________:
Bigger and heavier
569. Dew is formed due to ____________:
570. Water vapors turns into solid at a very cold temperature to form:
571. Which of the following is not a form of moisture in the environment?
572. Which of the following is purest form of water?
573. Fog is formed due to ____________ present in the air.
574. Water falls on the ground in the form of _____________:
575. The sum of all the forces is called the_____________ upon and object.
576. When the net force is zero, the applied forces are called ____________.
577. Which force is equal and opposite in direction?
578. When one force is greater than other force, it is called ______________:
579. The tendency of an object to resist the change in its state of motion is called:
580. When a force pushes an object forward, inertia pulls it:
581. Which force is produced when two surfaces rub against each other?
582. If the surface has larger pores, friction will be__________
583. Friction acts in which direction of the applied force?
584. Which statement is true about friction?
It slows down an object
585. Which force protect us from being slipped away?
586. Which of the following object is difficult to hold due to less friction?
587. When two surfaces are rub against each other, ________ is produced:
588. Which of the following action increases friction?
589. The friction of a rolling object is always __________ than the friction of a sliding
590. Which thing is used to reduce the friction of moving parts of a machine?
591. Cyclist sit in a __________ shape to reduce the air friction:
592. A ball fall onto the ground due to which force?
593. The gravitational force of the ____________ makes all the planets to move in their
594. Moon revolve around the Earth due to its:
595. Gravitational force ___________ as two objects move apart.
596. Gravitational force of two objects depends upon their __________ and the distance
597. How much matter an object contains is known as its __________:
598. The amount of gravitational force acting upon an object is known as its ___________:
599. Weight of an object depends on its __________:
position to the Earth
600. Astronauts have how many times less weight on moon than on Earth?
601. Which of the following is measured in newtons?
602. Which surface has less friction?
603. Simple machines make our work easier by:
Changing the direction of force
604. Which machine consists of a grooved wheel and a rope passing over it?
605. Following are the examples of pulleys except:
606. Which of the following is not a part of a lever?
607. The fixed point of lever is called:
608. The object that is moved by lever is called:
609. What is the position of fulcrum in class-one lever?
Between load and effort
610. Which of the following is an example of class-one lever?
611. The effort is between the fulcrum and load in which class of lever?
612. Following are examples of class-three lever except:
613. Inclined plane is also called:
614. Which simple machine is used to move objects from a lower surface to a higher
615. Which of the following is not an example of inclined plane?
616. Which simple machine is formed by placing two inclined planes side by side?
617. Following are the examples of wedge except:
618. Which simple machine holds things together?
619. Which of the following is an example of screw?
nut and bolt
620. A staircase is an example of __________:
621. A hammer is an example of __________:
622. Which is the biggest natural source of light?
623. Which of the following is a luminous object?
624. Moon is a __________ object.
625. Objects that do not emit their own light are called:
626. Light travels in which direction?
627. Who was the first scientist to study and investigate light?
Ibn al Haytham
628. Which part of pinhole camera is used as lens?
629. The image formed by a pinhole camera is ___________:
Upside down and reversed
630. If the pin hole is small, the image formed will be _________:
631. Which materials allow light to pass through them completely?
632. Which materials cast a clear and dark shadow?
633. Objects on the other sides of ____________ materials appear fuzzy and unclear:
634. A book is an example of ____________ material.
635. Which of the following is an example of translucent material?
636. A shadow is formed when a/an ___________ object is placed in the path of light.
637. Shadows formed by the sunlight are shortest:
638. Shadow keeps on changing as the day progresses because of:
639. Shadow depends upon the location and _____________:
Distance of the light source
640. When light source comes closer to the object, the shadow becomes __________:
Bigger than the object
641. In how many days moon completes its orbit around the Earth?
642. How many phases moon has?
643. A complete orbit of moon around the Earth is known as:
644. What is formed when a shadow of one celestial body falls on another celestial body?
645. The moon forms different phases as it moves around the _________
646. How many types of eclipses form?
647. When the moon comes between the Sun and the Earth, it is called ___________
648. When the Earth comes between the Sun and the moon, it is called__________
649. A lunar eclipse occurs when it is a __________:
650. During a lunar eclipse, the moon appears as __________:
A bright red ball
651. What happens when two atoms with the same charges come closer to each other?
They repel each other
652. What is the net charge on an atom?
653. When a static charge is build up on an object, it is called _________:
654. Static charge remains until the object come into contact with a _________ object:
655. Lightning during a thunderstorm is a result of which phenomenon?
656. Lightning is a result of ___________ between the clouds and the Earth’s surface.
657. Ammeter is used to measure which of the following?
658. The pathway in which electric current flows is known as:
659. Which of the following is not a part of electric circuit?
660. Which of the following is a safety device?
661. Electric current flows in a __________ circuit.
662. Which part is used to open and close electric circuit?
663. When the amount of current is above a certain level, the wire in the fuse breaks the
664. The area where the push and pull of a magnet is felt is known as its ___________:
665. Magnetic force of a magnet is similar to which of the following?
Earth’s gravitational force
666. Which part of the Earth has strongest magnetic field?
North and south pole
667. How can we find an evidence of invisible magnetic field of Earth?
By suspending a bar magnet in the air
668. The north pole of the suspended compass is always pointed towards which pole of the
669. For what purpose Muslims use magnetic compass?
find the direction of Qibla
670. Magnet made by passing an electric current through wire is called:
671. What happens when electric current flows through a wire?
Magnetic field is produced
672. How we can increase the strength of an electromagnet?
By adding more turns to the coil
673. A magnet has its maximum magnetic force:
On its poles
674. Which of the following is an example of an electromagnet?
675. Which of the following is not present in a loudspeaker?
676. How many planets are present in solar system?
677. Which planet is closest to the Sun?
678. Which of the following planets supports life?
679. Artificial satellite of the Earth is:
680. Which planet is similar to Earth in terms of seasons and soil texture?
681. Which of the following planets has most moons?
682. What is the distance of the Earth from the Sun?
150 million km
683. Which of the following is the centre of solar system?
684. The diameter of the Sun is ___________ times than diameter of the Earth.
685. The Earth is the ______________ planet in the solar system.
686. Which is the biggest planet of solar system?
687. How many moons Neptune has?
688. Which is the outer most layer of the Earth?
689. How many percent of soil is composed of minerals?
690. How many percent of water is present in soil?
691. Soil is divided into how many horizons?
692. In which layer of soil humus is found?
693. Bedrock is composed of:
pieces of rocks
694. The size of particles present is described by its________:
695. Where sandy soil is found?
Sea or desert
696. What is the texture of clayey soil?
697. Sandy soil particles have diameter between __________ mm.
698. Which layer contains minerals that are important for plants?
699. Which soil does not hold water?