The terminology used in Solving Biology Problems
Dear students before you learn the second chapter "Solving Biological Problems" you should first understand the important terminologies, it will make it easy for you to learn and understand the concepts.
The terminology used in Solving Biology Problems.
- Bioinformatics: THe use of algorithms, computational and statistical techniques for the analysis of biological data.
- Biological method: The scientific method in which biological problems are solved: comprises the steps a biologist adopts in order to solve a biological problem.
- Biological problem: A query about life that is either asked by someone or comes in biologist's mind by himself.
- Control group: One of the two groups in experiments. Provided with the variable that has to be tasted.
- Deduction: THe logical consequence of the hypotheses.
- Experiment: An experiment is an activity performed under suitable conditions with a specially designed instrument to get the required information.
- Experimental group: one of the two groups, not provided with the variable that has to be tested.
- Hypothesis: THe tentative statement may prove to be the answer to a scientific problem.
- Low: The theory that survives the doubtful approach of scientists and continues to be supported by experimental evidence.
- Observation: THe process of observing natural phenomena with the help of live senses and scientific equipment.
- theory: If a hypothesis is an accepted (after discussion and experimentation) It is called a theory
- .Cinchana: A tree, the bark of which was used for the treatment of levers.
- Culex: A species of mosquito: bites bird.
- Deductive reasoning: THe reasoning that uses specific observation and draws general) hypothesis.
- Inductive reasoning: THe reasoning that uses specific observation and draws a specific hypothesis
- plasmodium: a unicellular organism that causes malaria in mammals and birds etc.
- proportion: The joining of two equal ratios.
- Quina-quina: A tree, the bark of which is a source of quinine.
- . Quinine: The medicine that kills plasmodium and so cures malaria.
- Ratio: The relation between two numbers, expressed in terms of the quotient.
- Anophesies: A common species of mosquito: bites mammals
What's Your Reaction?